Who We Are
The Community LINC Changemakers Program is being established in 2021 to extend the reach of Community LINC’s vision and initiatives. Community LINC Changemakers are seeking individuals who are passionate about helping end homelessness in Kansas City for this generation and the next.
Our goal is to give young professionals, their families, colleagues, and friends an opportunity to raise awareness about homelessness by becoming engaged through service and fundraising activities that will help Community LINC address homelessness.
For over 35 years, Community LINC has been an innovative leader in serving the most vulnerable families in our community. We have spent years creating new housing programs that increase our capacity to serve more families and strengthen our programming. With proven success, program recipients receive housing location services, intensive trauma-informed case management, employment services, financial coaching, and children’s programming—each of which can be a fundamental step in the path toward regaining stability and permanent housing. In fact, our last retention study—a robust one based on five-year data from Kanas City’s Homeless Information System— showed 85% of our clients remain housed after moving through our programming.
The vision of the Community LINC Changemakers Group is to illuminate and empower the philanthropic hearts of individuals who demonstrate extraordinary compassion around ending homelessness and who strongly believe that people deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Members of this program should strive to be agents of change, focusing on the betterment of the lives of our community’s most vulnerable citizens.
Being a Changemaker is a commitment during which participants use their good reputation on Community LINC’s behalf, generate enthusiasm among their peers and friends around our mission and programming and are able to participate in two fundraising strategies or service activities per year.
Second Annual Changemakers Cup!
All proceeds will go to Rent Party Auction Item sponsored by the Changemaker’s Group!
If you have a partner for the tournament, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the members of your team. Otherwise, you will be randomly paired and placed in the bracket. Tournament will be double elimination. The opening round will be played with 6 cups , semifinals and finals will be played with 10.
Changemakers Auction Committee
Every year the Rent Party event accounts for 25% of our operating revenue. Our Auction Committee develops strategies to secure items for both the silent and live auction to maximize bidding potential. This year, we are launching the Changemakers Auction Committee Group to invigorate the auction with new items that appeal to all audiences, particularly young professionals with or without children.
- Regularly attend committee meetings each month from March – September. (Total of 7-9 meetings)
- Create a list of potential donors to solicit and secure auction items and report progress at each meeting.
- Pursue any ideas for live ($2,000 and up) or Super Silent ($500-$l,500) auction items.
- Identify any friends or colleagues (or yourself) who would be willing to host a gift gathering party.
- If possible, assist in set-up of live and silent auction displays on October 6th (3-5 hours).
- Fill a table with other young investors and attend our signature event*.
*in the case the event is virtual, we ask you still enjoy it in the comfort of your own home
Participate in Changemakers
Every year, Community LINC serves up to 200 families in need. This means we turn our apartments at least three times. We go through 600 sets of sheets, pillows, pots and pans, and various other necessary household items each year. Service activities at Community LINC give the Changemakers incredible opportunities to think creatively for ways to volunteer together.
Unique volunteer opportunities can include but are not limited to:
- Adopting an apartment with other young investors to help clean and set-up for an incoming family
- Hosting a “Mini-Rent Party” in your home to raise awareness for Community LINC. Participants of this activity would ask each guest to bring a new item, a cash donation, or nice wine to donate to the auction. They would then do a short presentation on Community LINC in hopes of developing new donors
- Hosting a party in someone’s honor for their birthday, anniversary, or “just because” to collect items for Community LINC
- Adopting a family for the holidays
- Serve as on ambassador of Community LINC to raise awareness among your personal network.
- Invite guests to the Rent Party.
- Assist in raising funds through personal contributions and/or corporate or civic contributions.
Young Investors Spring Event Support
Every year in May. Community LINC holds a breakfast or similar event to helps us raise awareness and funds. This year we are looking to create a new signature event for Community LINC called “S.O.S.”, or “Sleep out Saturday”. It is our hope to partner with the newly invented Kansas City Monarchs (formerly T-Bones) to create an opportunity for a safe, socially-distanced Tailgate Party with educational awareness about Community LINC where families can camp in tents or campers for a fee. We need your help to make this vision a reality by:
- Having your children promote individual sponsorships for their sleep out
- Selling sponsorships and tickets for the event
- Developing and executing marketing materials
As a Changemaker of Community LINC, the return on your investment is immeasurable. Changemakers can confidently take pride in knowing their efforts will help to end homelessness for approximately 450 people in 125 families or more each year, changing lives for this generation and the next.
Other Benefits Include:
- Meeting like-minded people
- Being a part of change in our community
- Connecting with the people on the front lines of ending homelessness in our community
Engaging with the families impacted by your generous support
Help end family homelessness in KC!
Every contribution makes a difference. Your financial support allows us to offer programs that truly transform lives in Kansas City.