A strong Kansas City, a place, a home,
a community for everybody.
- We believe we can end homelessness in Kansas City through system-level change.
- Why We Are Successful: As one of largest access points for the homeless we offer emergency housing for the homeless and prevention and diversion assistance for those at risk of homelessness.
- Programming: One size does not fit all. Three programs tailored to meet low , medium and high barrier needs.
- Supportive Services: Wrap-around services like financial literacy, budgeting, employment coaching, mental wellness, housing support and intensive case management and children’s programming, ensure long-term success for families.
- Housing Services: Extensive landlord partners help families remain stable with affordable rent.
- Generational Impact: We apply a two-generational approach which decreases the likelihood the cycle of homelessness will continue.
- High Standard: We maintain high standards of accountability and transparency to allocate as much funding as possible to our programs.
Our programs are informed by a TRAUMA-INFORMED CARE framework and treatment approach that involves understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of trauma with the households, we serve as well as the impact of secondary trauma on staff rebuilding a sense of control and empowerment. As stewards over our resources, we are very careful to screen and make sure we serve the most vulnerable homeless in our community using a housing first approach
Staff deliver supportive programs in housing, employment services, coaching, budgeting, and mental wellness counseling, life skills training, based on EVIDENCE-BASED research to deliver outstanding results.
Community LINC was conceived in May 1986 when a group of citizens from three local churches began meeting to discuss ways to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness. Modeling the organization of a transitional housing program in Liberty, Missouri, their goal was to create independent and self-sufficient families.
Nearly 40 years later, Community LINC owns 36 units and has an annual budget over $3 million dollars serving nearly 120 families each year with 300 children with housing and shelter and over 700 households who are homeless or at risk with prevention, diversion and referrals services.
Ending homelessness for this
generation and the next.
Call us at 816-531-3727
to get help with housing.
Help end family homelessness in KC!
Every contribution makes a difference. Your financial support allows us to offer programs that truly transform lives in Kansas City.